Welcome to Global USS
Are you interested in being a part of the Global USS family?
Take a look at our open positions below and a sneak peak into the life at Global USS.
About Global uss
At Global, we are driven by the need to constantly give our clients the best overall experience possible. We take great pride in this and this principle guides all that we do.
Knowing the ever-changing and evolving landscape of technology, we continuously focus on improvements to our services and products. We are passionate about achieving operational excellence and always strive to exceed the goals of our clients.
We realize we cannot achieve this without our greatest asset – our employees. Our culture is one of respect, support, and of personal development. Global is a company that invests in the learning and growth of each of our employees. When an individual member of Global succeeds, we all benefit.
In an environment where we value transparency, decisions are not dictated in a “top-down” manner. Our staff is diverse, and we value an inclusive atmosphere where all inputs are valued; this is key to Global’s success!
life at Global uss
Coffee & Tea Station
Audio Visual Installation Technican
Global Unified Solutions is a national AV integrator, specializing in educational, corporate and hospitality sector. We are currently looking for an Audio Visual Installation Technician to join our team. Majority of the work would be performed in GTA and Southern Ontario but there is a possibility of Travel within Canada.
Succesful applicant will also be provided additional relevant manufacturer’s training as well.
- Integrating AV systems in educational, corporate and hospitality sectors in a quick and efficient manner conforming to standards set by Global PS Team.
- Low-voltage termination of cabling, soldering, structural mounting, cable pulling, software configuration, and system commissioning;
- Working with the client and other trades onsite, performing site visits to determine challenges and reporting back to the PS Team.
- Following system CAD schematics and keeping a record of changes while on site.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the crew.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with equipment and perform service and maintenance visits
- Maintaining a professional approach while on site and in the shop.
- 2 plus years of experience in AV systems integration
- Infocomm CTS Certified and any other manufacturers certifications (Crestron, Extron, Biamp etc.) preferred.
- Strong video signal termination, crimping, and soldering skills.
- Strong understanding of signal separation, ability to dress the rack properly
- Experience with Structural mounting of Screens, Projectors and speakers
- Good understanding of Audio, Video and Control wiring and connections
- Following AV Best Practices as outlined by Infocomm guides
- Ability to install, operate and service AV equipment and AV Networked Systems
- Ability to lift items up to 50lb
- Working at Heights, and Aerial Platform certificates are preferred (training would be provided if required)
- Clean Driver’s abstract
- Must be able to read and comprehend System drawings, specifications and technical manuals
- Must be able to configure and set up equipment (training would be provided if required)
- Understanding of EDID, HDCP and Digital video environments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional environment
- Strong emphasis on Safety
Global Unified Solutions strives to provide a good working environment and offer the opportunity to grow in this field. We offer:
- Full Benefits including Medical, Health, and Dental.
- Training courses, a path to CTS designation
- Challenging and fair working environment
- New projects set up and take off and support the preparation of close out documents – Manage project file systems, Interact with Designers, programmers, and technicians to create documentation.
- Help to set up project meetings and handle the minute taking at meetings
- Ensure proper state of change requests and document them.
- Work collaboratively with the whole project team
- Monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Report updates verbally and in written form to the team
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks
- Keen attention to detail and proactively address potential issues
- Prepare project documentation (Equipment manuals, Operation manuals, Gather and package drawings, and other materials for closeouts)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to correspond effectively and in a timely manner
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to the team’s success
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
- Excellent computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office Suite is a must
- 2 years in project management and/or administrative position
Jr. Systems Designer – Audio Visual
- Working with the sales and professional teams to design solutions
- Attend customer site inspections/visits
- Develop bill of materials for Audio Visual systems
- Prepare accurate labour, programming, and commissioning numbers for job estimates
- Assess and perform needs analysis for customers
- Create/review project scope of work
- Provide design support to the installation technicians, project managers, and programmers.
- Assist in responding to tenders/bids, when required.
- Keep up to date with new products and solutions, attend manufacture training when available.
- Minimum 1-year experience in AV
- General network design experience in audio visual/telecommunication industry
- Knowledge of IP networks & infrastructure
- Ability to read and understand schematic and technical drawings
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written & spoken)
- Effective time and project management
- Access to a vehicle, valid driver’s license, and flexible for travel as required